MALACHI 4:5-6 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."
Message from Jason Wong
To all Elijah7000 fathers,
To date, we have over 1,000 fathers on board Elijah7000
movement. You are one of these fathers. You have heard
me share what God is saying - that fathers is God's solution
for this nation, to push back the waves of attacks on Marriage
and Family. Satan will not be able to come steal, kill and destroy
when we as fathers rise up in the spirit of Elijah to protect and defend our children and family.
And many of you have indeed risen up. You have responded to the call to rise up as spiritual heads of your own households, to build strong families and help restore the nation by reaching out to turn hearts of other fathers to their children. Some of you have taken steps to participate in the various equipping workshops and seminars. Your marriage and children have benefitted as a result of your investing in these father-focused training.
A smaller group has been gathering at Kum Yan Methodist Church to pray and engage in spiritual warfare on a monthly basis. I was at the Elijah7000 monthly prayer a number of times, and God's presence was definitely evident. 3 months' ago, we prayed for a father who shared about his wayward child. Last month, we received report that this child was on his way back to the Lord, and hearts of father and son have been turned towards each other!
A number of fathers from certain churches have either started or contemplating on starting local church level Elijah7000 groups so that fathers in your church can be part of a strong father community. I have the privilege of witnessing the launch of such a group at Covenant Presbyterian Church. Pastor Keith, the senior pastor, was there to commission these fathers. They looked ready for battle.
Together with the Elijah7000 core group, we have decided that all Elijah7000 will gather twice a year as a big group. The first gathering will be 16th May this year. Venue is at the Cathedral New Sanctuary. St Andrew's Cathedral has kindly offered to let us use their facility. So set aside this morning to join with all 1000 Elijah7000 fathers. Do invite other Christian fathers that you know.
"The work is extensive and spread out, and we are widely separated from each other along the wall. Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!" - Nehemiah 4: 19-20
I will be writing to you on a regular basis. Until the next time you hear from me, I would like you to consider the following:
1. Come and join one of the monthly prayer gatherings, or gather other fathers in your church to pray;
2. Get yourself trained and equipped. We won't be a more competent father or effective head of our household, or able to go to war and turn hearts of other fathers if we are not adequately trained. Elijah7000 core group have been publicising a few core ones. You can also attend others that meet your needs.
3. Write to me if your church has started a father group. Write to me if you feel led to start one in your church.
4. Write to me if you are ready to go to the community, children's schools, or your workplace, to help turn hearts of fathers to their children. Write to me and share with me if you are already doing so.
5. Write to me if you have a testimony to share, especially how you have been impacted as a result of being part of or having participated in a Elijah7000 event or training workshop.
6. Write to me if you have started doing Faith@Home, leading family devotion and prayers. I would like to share your story to inspire other fathers.
In the Spirit of Elijah
Jason has been married to Donna for 21 years. They have 2 children, Sarah 19 and Samuel 14. Jason became passionate for the cause of family and fatherhood after working many years as a prison officer, and with abused children and youths at risk. Used by God to start the Yellow Ribbon Project in 2004 and the Dads for Life movement, Jason is presently serving as a volunteer in Focus on the Family as the Board Chairman. He is also a director on the board of Centre for Fathering.